Cargengrove is a Grade B Listed former stable block by Peddie & Kinnear, Architects, built in about 1870. Its principal features are two ‘Scots baronial’ turrets with clock and dovecote defining the entrance to an enclosed U shaped courtyard.
Although it had partly been previously converted to residential use, the clients wished to convert the remaining buildings flanking the courtyard and bring the accommodation and amenities up to contemporary standards. A new garden room with rooflight was constructed from part of the derelict outbuildings to the rear. Re-slating and new leadwork was carried out under a separate contract, and the clock was repaired by Smiths of Derby.